Thursday, October 11, 2012

Taken 2

The long awaited sequel we all hoped for has finally arrived! Right, who among us didn't enjoy Taken? Seriously?

viewed at SM North Edsa
WELL, now we expect Bryan Mills to be Bryan Mills here, the calm-bad-ass-killer dad. Of course! But we want a little bit of surprise, additional spice not same conflict, if you know what I mean.

Taken 2 stands tall and proud during the opening but suddenly plummeted after the short dominance. The opening flow obviously makes it at the top of Rotten Tomatoes' TOP BOX OFFICE chart with $21.9M beating Hotel Transylvania, Sinister, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and others. But the tomatometer shows the opposite though, 21% rotten. Taken has really made us crave for this sequel alright.

It was a good movie really. You will might as well love it if you haven't watched Taken. But with a sequel, it's very likely to compare and you wouldn't want another same story. I have my two thumbs up for Taken, however not even a thumb for the sequel. Moreover, me and my boyfriend, we didn't gab anything about the movie. Maybe, we come up with a word or so, I can remember saying 'twas okay' while leaving the cinema. I am not too much disappointed with the movie I really did love to watch the film though, it doesn't reach a lot of people's expectations including mine.

And so I heard, Taken 3 was said to come out soon. But I think, not too soon.